Got Vampires? Ghosts? Monsters? We Can Help!
Your one-stop-shop for Urban Fantasy’s finest anthology of the supernatural. 14 sleuths are gathered together for the first time in all-original tales of unusual cases which require services that go far beyond mere deduction!
Featuring new stories by: Tanya Huff, C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp, Simon R. Green, T. A. Pratt, Chris Marie Green, Lilith Saintcrow, Rachel Caine, Jackie Kessler, Carrie L. Vaughn, Julie Kenner, C. J. Henderson, Laura Anne Gilman, Justin Gustainis and Caitlin Kittredge.
Meet the Detectives:
- Danny Hendrickson – from Laura Anne Gilman’s Cosa Nostradamus series.
- Kate Connor – from Julie Kenner’s Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom series.
- John Taylor – from Simon R. Green’s Nightside series.
- Jill Kismet – from Lilith Saintcrow’s Jill Kismet series.
- Jessi Hardin – from Carrie Vaughn’s Kitty Norville series.
- Quincey Morris – from Justin Gustainis’ Morris/Chastain Investigations series.
- Marla Mason – from T. A. Pratt’s Marla Mason series.
- Tony Foster – from Tanya Huff’s Smoke and Shadows series.
- Dawn Madison – from Chris Marie Green’s Vampire Babylon series.
- Pete Caldecott – from Caitlin Kittredge’s Black London series.
- Tony Giodone – from C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp’s Tales of the Sazi series.
- Jezebel – from Jackie Kessler’s Hell on Earth series.
- Piers Knight – from C. J. Henderson’s Brooklyn Knight series.
- Cassiel – from Rachel Caine’s Outcast Season series.
Demons may lurk, werewolves may prowl, vampires may ride the wind. These are things that go bump in the night, but we are the ones who bump back!
About the editor:
Justin Gustainis has been an Army officer, speechwriter and professional bodyguard. He is currently a college professor living in upstate New York. He is the author of The Hades Project, Black Magic Woman, Evil Ways, Hard Spell and Sympathy for the Devil. He has also published a number of short stories, two of which won the Graverson Award for Horror in consecutive years. He is a graduate of the Odyssey Writing Workshop.
“Urban fantasy has a special place in my heart, and the Occult Detective is perhaps the fundamental urban-fantasy archetype. An anthology of this kind is can serve two purposes: The first is to provide a taste of the genre to those that might otherwise be unfamiliar with it, and the second is to provide fans of the genre a chance to discover writers they may not have already come across.
It was well worth the read and I would recommend it wholeheartedly for any fan of the urban fantasy/occult detective genre; even more so if you are unfamiliar with the genre and would like a taste as to what it’s all about.” — Nick Bronson
“Urban Fantasy readers will love this book, and it is a first-rate group of stories.” — Paul Lappan, ReviewerCollections & Anthologies, Fantasy, Occult Detective, paranormal, Supernatural fiction