Connie Baker has decades of experience in healthcare and is the co-creator of the Wong-Baker FACES® Pain Rating Scale. Her professional experience inspired her to write a series of books to help people build resilience while facing difficult health challenges, whether as patients, healthcare professionals, or caregivers of family and friends.
The plan was to write a book from the patient’s perspective last in the series, but then Connie received a breast cancer diagnosis and she suddenly gained first-hand experience. Thus, this book became the priority as she wrote from the laboratory of her life.
Receiving a new cancer diagnosis is often overwhelming for patients and the people who love them. Sometimes it feels like the world has turned upside down. Suddenly and unexpectedly, you’re required to make crucial decisions regarding a medical team and treatment plan.
This book is a roadmap. Through its pages you’ll learn how to:
- Put mindfulness in action and cultivate resilience even during a health crisis
- Make decisions with confidence
- Enlist your healing dream team to create integrative care
- Support your body through treatment and healing
- Organize all the information you receive
- Create a healing environment
- Thrive throughout the process
- Begin planning for end of life
Connie Baker guides patients and their care providers through the often unnerving maze of healthcare choices that arise with a new cancer diagnosis, helping them learn how to thrive with grace and ease amidst inevitable change.Buy on Amazon