If you want to learn more about the most scandalous moments in sport, then keep reading…
As a sports fan, you know that from as long as sport has been played, it has always evoked great passion and emotion. Amid the desperation to win, passes will be dropped and easy shots missed but nothing infuriates us like officiating blunders, lying and blatant cheating. Sports and controversies fit together like hand in glove. When there is one, there is always potential for the other.
Whether you are a player, coach or fan, you naturally want every call to go your way. Any given game can potentially be littered with controversial moments, where one side or the other is left feeling cheated. But nothing has created as much criticism, debate or unabated feeling as the events in this book. It is a fascinating journey through the greatest sports scandals of our time.
These are the headlines you may know but the stories you don’t. In this book you will discover how a cheating culture has developed in sport and how players almost make an art of controversy. You’ll read several chapters about cheating in baseball along with other unbelievable sports stories. Together, they detail the consequences of not only the most debatable moments in sport, but also some of its most scandalous characters.
Unlevel Playing Fields includes the compelling stories of:
- ? The incomparable Diego Maradona scoring his infamous ‘Hand of God’ goal in the FIFA World Cup
- ? Ben Johnson winning the ‘Dirtiest Race in History’ before being stripped of his gold medal and sent home in disgrace
- ? The ‘Bodyline’ cricket series – a controversy so fierce it threatened political relations and left scars for generations
- ? How the dark shadows of political corruption permeated into sport and influenced an Olympic basketball final
- ? Stella Welsh who had one of the most controversial careers in Olympic history that continued even after her death
- ? Our ongoing fascination with ice skater Tonya Harding and what she really knew about the attack on Nancy Kerrigan
And many more! There are a total of 13 different sports in the 25 chapters so there is guaranteed to be something for every fan. This is one of the best sports books of 2019 and a great addition to your collection.
If you want to enjoy these wonderful sports stories simply scroll up and click the Buy now with 1-Click button to get your book instantly.No products found.