What if…you had the power to choose life over death?
Disaster can take many forms including those created by nature and those by man. Will you be a survivor? You can take control and choose life by taking the time now to assemble a Bug Out Bag (also known as a “BOB”) to help you survive when disaster strikes.
The key is to prepare now. When disaster arrives, it’s time to “grab and go.” There may be no time to gather things from around your house. And, it will be difficult or impossible to shop for items that those who failed to prepare are also desperately trying to procure.
This book was written to save you valuable time learning how to put together your survival bag or BOB. Chapters are organized to make it quick and easy for you to find the information you need:
- General Issues
- 3 Bags To Help You Survive
- Short-Term Bag Contents
- Medium-Term Bag Contents
- Long-Term Bag Contents
- Selecting A Bag
- Short-Term Bag Examples
- Medium-Term Bag Examples
- Long-Term Bag Examples
- Organizing The Items In Your Bag
- How To Pack Your BOB
- Choosing Items For Your Bag: Explanation
- First Aid Items
- Water Items
- Fire Items
- Food Items
- Shelter Items
- Sleep Items
- Hygiene Items
- Survival Knives
- Navigation Items
- Communication Items
- Personal Protection Items
- Items For Your Pet
- Extra Items If You Are Escaping By Vehicle
Some of the information covered in this book includes:
- The concept that 3 BOBs are better than 1 and why you should consider setting up bags to protect you for short-, medium-, and long-term emergencies
- A list of recommended items to include in each of your 3 bags
- A detailed list of items organized by survival category (eg, 1st aid, water, fire, shelter, etc) along with the price and weight of each item, why you should include them, and which of the 3 bags they are best suited for.
- Specific products are presented with examples of economical and more premium alternatives to help people with different budgets.
- Learn how item selection within specific survival categories differs depending upon the anticipated duration of the disaster (eg, your knife choices will differ for your short- and long-term BOBs.
- How to organize the survival items inside your BOB for easy access and recognition
- How your BOB items will differ if you’re on foot versus escaping by automobile
- Items to include for your pet
- Reference list for additional information
Once you’ve gone through this book, you’ll be able to create your own personalized list of items within each survival category to put into your 3 customized BOBs. You can use the detailed item descriptions to calculate an estimate of the overall price and weight for each of your BOBs based upon your item selection. You can then add or subtract items from your BOBs to optimize price and weight.
Building a BOB is your insurance similar to having car or medical insurance:
- You hope you never have to use it
- It’s too late to get it when an emergency happens
- And, you’ll be ever so happy you have it when you need it!
Life or death in the face of an emergency? The choice is yours. Empower yourself. Get started now to help ensure your survival.