Mitch and Mooch are about to test the water in a new adventure – swimming lessons! Will the funny funky monsters sink or swim as they conquer their fears and overcome the unexpected?
The perfect book to introduce your child to swimming, this charming story includes helpful tips on how to prepare, what to expect and answers common questions about swimming lessons. Ideal for children starting to read independently or as a conversation starter, this colourful book uses a dyslexia-friendly font and includes comprehension questions throughout. If you want to encourage trying out new activities and overcoming fears, get your goggles on and have some monster fun with Mitch and Mooch today!
“Funny and helpful – this book will help any child starting their swimming journey!” Simon, Swim School Owner/Teacher
Mitch and Mooch try… books are designed for children aged 3-7. They aren’t just fun stories however, the series is designed with the following educational enhancements:
- Dyslexic friendly font – designed to make it easier for children to differentiate the individual letters so that they can blend the words correctly.
- Text is also against a coloured background and broken up into manageable chunks.
- Comic style dialogue – why not have fun putting on silly voices for the characters?
- Gentle introduction to what to expect from a first lesson in each activity – the books can also be used to support parents encouraging children with SEN needs who may be wary of new environments.
- Inclusive – Mitch and Mooch may be monsters, but we celebrate diversity within the whole class!
- Comprehension – some pages have a comprehension question contained within the illustration; these focus on feelings (e.g. what do you think the character is feeling right now, to help them read expressions) and questions about the story (to check they understand what is happening on a deeper level).
- Search and find pages – finding a certain number of relevant objects within the page – to enhance the child’s comprehension of what is going on in the picture as well as counting skills.
- Uses common exception words within the text.
[aawp fields=”B084KK6QB7″ value=”button”]