Anna’s childhood experiences and dysfunctional family patterns loom over her journey to adulthood. She struggles with relationships and cannot trust the good ones, eventually finding herself in an abusive relationship, as family secrets unfold in unpredictable ways.
Locked in a cycle of reacting to her emotional triggers and past, she constantly asks herself, What is wrong with me?
Through her journey to manage emotions and relationships, Anna gleams therapeutic insights and psychological tools, learning to cope with her mental health and discover healthy behaviors that lead to happiness and meaningful relationships. A fictional tale with a self-help twist, readers follow Anna as she hopes to answer one of life’s many questions.
How does one break free from the only role and life they’ve ever known?
Meet Jax Bowman
Meet Better Life Journals
In this, my third book, all I can share is those experiences of struggle I’ve had, in four domains. The conflicts have centered around: (1) Loss and Trauma; (2) challenges to find the best Direction, that ‘now, what’ dilemma ; (3) battles to find and empower inner and outer Voice; and (4) conflicts arising from Love, or the appearance of its absence. You will find the four are not distinct entities, but are interwoven with one another. This is so for clients, over the last 50 years, as well. Think of these categories as bumper cars, where when one car hits an obstacle, it sets off a chain reaction. While struggles to survive each experience is painful, it has proven true that the toughest conflicts have been the most prolific seedbed for growth. The urge to grow is embedded in all creation. Blocked growth thwarts development.
As first responders and military we are the heroes for everyone else. We are first on the scene to emergencies at home and abroad.
So what then do we do when we are drowning and searching for breath?
What do we do when we can’t escape the shadow that follows us in the sun and the darkness?
What do we do when our world is spinning out of control and our world is falling apart?
I know this world. I lived under the rough seas and the shadow of PTS(D) for 10 years. As a Navy Rescue Swimmer with service in the special operations community and as a firefighter, I embraced the suck! It took me 10 years to discover what is embraced, embraces you back. I wrote this book to share my journey and show you it is possible to reclaim fun, fitness and fortitude. It is possible to come out from under the shadow and the depths.
It is possible to Reclaim Your Hero and transform your pain into power and thrive. Numquam Deficio! Never quit! Hooyah!
Meet David M Jacobson
Meet The Sitters Australia
Meet Douglas Kent
You’re probably considering this book because you’re struggling with mental health. Maybe it’s anxiety, maybe it’s depression, PTSD, or something else. Or perhaps, you have friends or family members with these conditions. Or perhaps you’re a health/fitness professional, wanting to help your clients or patients. If so, then this book is for you.
In this book, you will learn:
- Anxiety and depression nutrition guidance: what to eat, and what to avoid eating to improve the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- The benefits of exercise for mental health
- The anti anxiety food solution (2 very common drinks that you may be consuming, which could be making your anxiety worse… or possibly even being the root cause).
- The connections between mental health and nutrition
- How to improve your mental health naturally (using exercise, nutrition and supplements)
- Does exercise help anxiety? Only if you use the right intensity (and it’s not high intensity). Find out why in this book.
- Exercise and anxiety: what’s the right exercise prescription (type, duration, frequency and intensity)? Get this wrong, and you could make your anxiety worse.
- The most effective natural supplements for depression.
- The most effective anxiety supplements for anxiety
- Two common conditions frequently misdiagnosed as anxiety and depression
…and so much more.